Friday, February 4, 2011

It's -6 degrees. How about some ice cream?!?

Snow ice cream that is...  ;)  Currently, this is the view outside my front door...  I was a little afraid to even open the door - I didn't exactly want to be run over by a drift, fun as that sounds.  We are all getting a bit stir-crazy as this is day four of my car not leaving the garage...  Oklahoma is just not equipped to handle 16 inches of snow at once, and we are expecting a few more today.  I'm considering fashioning my own version of a snow plow to the front of my Honda and venturing out - call it a omg-I-am-losing-my-mind 'mental health' mission.  Ok, not really.  But only because I have nothing that would actually work as a snow plow.  :)

I remember making this when I was little with a friend, but of course that recipe is long gone.  Here's one my family will be trying today, courtesy of Paula Dean and the food network.  And don't worry, we'll avoid the snow with tracks in it - not exactly sure what creature made those, and I don't think I want to know...

You need:
8 cups of snow or shaved ice
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla extract

Place snow or shaved ice into a large bowl. Pour condensed milk over and add vanilla. Mix to combine. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment