Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Pineapple Yumminess

The one benefit to our current blizzard situation: With all this snow, I've had plenty of time to cook!  For a SuperBowl party we attended, I made this Pineapple Cake, and it was a hit!  I can't take credit for the recipe - it came from a friend's Mom, and oh my.  It's wonderful.  I could eat the whole thing myself if left alone with it for too long...



Pineapple Cake
White or yellow cake mix - add regular ingredients as indicated on box
Add small can of crushed pineapple (with liquid)
1 cup pecans (I used 1/2 cup because we aren't huge pecan people)
1/2 cup coconut (toasted in oven)
Bake as indicated on box; (mine took a few extra minutes).


Frosting
Make cream cheese frosting using 4 oz cream cheese, 1 stick of butter, 1 tsp vanilla
and mix with 1 box (1 pound) powdered sugar. Add a few teaspoons milk
if needed for spreading consistency. Optional: Sprinkle (toasted or not) coconut and toasted pecans on top
.

Enjoy!  If you make it, I'd love to hear how it turned out for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment