Sunday, December 12, 2010

A DIY: Teacher Gifts (Oh my)

It seems like these always sneak up on me, even though I KNOW I have to do gifts for Christmas and the end of the year... But with two boys, at two different schools this year, that means a LOT of gifts. Ugh. My fear is always that I give them something they hate, or won't use, so I try to give them something practical, while making it fun at the same time... No small feat, and I have no doubt there have been years where I failed miserably. This year, I decided gift cards would be the best way to go, but I wanted to add something to them... I love the idea of these fun clip magnets (see Ashley Ann's blog here for a darling DIY she did on them), and decided I could use these to hold their gift cards, and add a little something else to the gift. Super easy, fun, and hopefully a little different.

I started with plain wooden clothespins and adhesive scrapbook paper. If you don't have adhesive, you can just modge podge the paper onto the clips - This just saved me a step. I measured the size of the clip and cut a bunch of little strips, then attached them to each clip using the adhesive strip.





Next, I applied a thin layer of modge podge over the top of each clip to just secure the paper and finish them a bit.




I applied magnets to the back of each clip using a strong adhesive (note: I tried the adhesive magnets, and trust me, they don't work. :) The adhesive just wasn't strong enough, and I ended up have to glue them anyway).

I added some fun scrapbook paper, distressed the edges with ink and added a "Merry Christmas" stamp to each and voila! Add the gift card and you are good to go, or just give as is.



No comments:

Post a Comment