Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Big Step for Leyton Smiles

This is going to seem really silly to some of you, but to me, it's a big deal! I was finally brave enough to add International Shipping to my store. Silly, right? I love the idea of expanding "my horizons" to a worldwide market place. But estimating shipping across the globe? Whoa. However, I had a very sweet customer this week from Canada. It made me realize that it really isn't as scary as I make it out to be, and I went for it. Previously, I had noted on my shop intro to "please convo me for international shipping," so that I could then estimate shipping on a case-by-case basis. However, as Justine pointed out this week in her Etsy Business Community newsletter (awesome newsletter. seriously.), you may lose customers this way! Since I'm still new and customers are hard to come by, I took this to heart. She made me realize that I had to make it easy on my customers. I realized they might just "walk" away instead of going through the hassle of sending me a convo. So if I have any international readers out there, I hope this makes Leyton Smiles a little more welcoming, and easier for you! And a special thanks to my Canadian customer - she made me take the plunge and it was well worth it! ;)

So a question to all my customers, readers, lurkers, whatever... What other things would you like to see from my shop? Are there items I don't currently list that you look for specifically in a baby shop? Anything you would like to see more/less of?

1 comment:

  1. I think you have a GREAT store. I love your fabrics and the colors you use. The blankets are my fave! :)

    Have you tried to make bibs to match the burp cloths?

    ReplyDelete